I completed another successful home show and sale. It has proved to be a wonderful way to let family, friends, co- workers, etc. , view and purchase pottery.
I now have people asking when the next show will take place. Many people do their Christmas shopping at these shows and enjoy talking with the artist while sipping wine, enjoying refreshments, and seeing friends in a relaxed setting.
If you're getting started with your first home show, here are some tips:
* make a list of friends, family, co-workers, organizations, etc.
*order printed postcards to mail out ( I use Vista Print), include a picture of your work, the date, time, mention refreshments, and directions
*ask friends and family to help you collect money and wrap items
* if this will be ongoing, you may need to check on a craft license...they can be purchased for around $20 from your state
* designate a room in your home to display the work, and arrange it like you would a "store" or gallery....I use cloth drapes on tables and elevate items with stacked books under the drapes...use fresh greenery or seasonal fruits to jazz things up a bit.
* if you don't feel you have enough to sell...invite another artist to join you....jewelry, textile art, paintings, photography can also be displayed
* hang in there....it gets easier each time!